Nena & Co. is seeking an Associate Designer to support Product Development in the execution of quality leather and fabric accessories. This role will support our Design team across a variety of tasks to ensure timelines and quality are met. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team and gain experience across a range of product categories. The role will report into the Lead Designer.
- Communication with vendors in regards to product sampling and material sourcing
- Update sample spreadsheet with sample numbers, lead-time and pricing.
- Create and maintain physical material/trim libraries for each country
- Daily correspondence to ensure product timeline is met on schedule and as intended by design
- Manage seasonal development as needed
- Proposals for new products
- Creating accurate techpacks and updating them accordingly
- Assist in maintaining seasonal color palettes and market research
- Updating weekly linesheet as needed
- Hand sketching and digital rendering of product
Who You Are:
- 1+ years of experience in Production or Product Development, Accessories experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion
- Meticulous & highly organized
- Detail oriented and accurate record keeping
- Motivated to learn, implement, and ultimately improve processes and skills.
- A self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills. *Spanish speaking is a plus!
- Someone with strong computer skills in Adobe Suite
- A team player who has strong work ethic
- A multi-tasker who can prioritize work on a continual basis, and doesn't mind pitching in when work does not directly relate to design role (we are a small but growing company)
- Understands material behavior and accessories construction
- Ability to pattern-make and understands various sewing techniques
*Only candidates with portfolios dealing with product production will be considered
Job Type: Full-time
To apply please email your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to email@example.com